Storybuddy 2

The app I tested out was Storybuddy 2. Storybuddy 2 would be good for elementary school students in a library setting but out of all the apps I tested I don't think this app is worth it to use. This app is essentially a book creator. I tested this out on my iPad and I created stories using pictures, text and even audio recordings. You can draw pictures right on the screen as well and use themes for each page to style up the book. The end product is a hand made picture book on the app.

 The reason I didn't like this app is because the layout was essentially a child friendly version of PowerPoint. I think students would like creating a picture book by themselves and it can inspire creativity in students to have them create a book on their own but you can do the same thing in PowerPoint and there's really no difference. It's only 99 cents as well so not that expensive to get for each student in the class but the entire school it might be pricey and its iOS apple products only as well. I also read some reviews that if you press the home button by accident it erases all your work. So if you want to make a book with your students I recommend just using PowerPoint and having the convenience of knowing how to use it rather than this app. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kodable - Coding for Kids

Storytime By Kindoma

Swift Playground