Educreations

Educreations is an iOS app that gives educators the ability to record their own videos of what they might put on their blackboards. It's essentially watching a Smartboard video of the educator's own making. This can be great for students who need at home review. Students can access the video at home and take notes at their own pace. What's unique about this recording app is that students can create their own videos too if they have an Apple device. So students and educators can have a community where they share their own educational videos with one another. 

When I tried this app out I realized you don't don't have to be a video expert in order to do this. I can just record on my iPad me giving a presentation and using the markers on the screen to add animation to my video and demonstrate a point. While I liked the app a lot I think this is one of the many screen recordings apps that are out there. It does its job and its great but there isn't anything extra that really makes this above and beyond any other screen recorder out there. It is nice that you can save right to Google Drive or iCloud but I wonder if other screen recorders have that same feature on it. I do believe we should push for a more digital classroom and I like this idea but at the same time I would shop around and see what else I can find. Also this app is free but you can pay $8.25 or $14.95 a month for more features and more coverage for more students. I only tried the free version so there might be more features with the paid version such as more advanced whiteboard tools. But for now the free version is adequate and I recommend it for educators who want their students to have free lessons at their hands at home.

Website:

https://www.educreations.com/  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kodable - Coding for Kids

Storytime By Kindoma

Swift Playground